The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this for a friend. She's been unable to identify what is wrong and it is getting to the point she is potentially going to lose her expensive angel pairs.

She has tried API General Cure, Melafix, Pimafix, and Bactershield. So far nothing has worked and it's an illness she hasn't been able to identify.

She moved up from California 3 months ago and brought the fish with her.

This started within the last month.

Pictures

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
To me it looks like some type of slime disease possibly. I think I see a blue gray sheen on one of the heads. It's usually from a type of parasite but the fish could get secondary bacterial/fungus issues. The things she has used would not treat this.

I don't know Angels and treatment precautions for them. Usually treatment is similar to ich-salt and heat but you need a higher level of salinity and doing sea water dips as well. I think an anti parasite med may also work. Something like Seachem Paraguard or something even stronger depending on the tank etc.

I hope someone with experience with angels chimes in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.