The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bit of an explosion in the population of my RCS in my planted bowl(thread titled "Yet Another Planted Bowl") so I decided to use a 10g I had to create a new home for many of the shrimp. It was set-up on 8.29.11.

Specs:
10 gallon standard(purchased used)
Stock Hood w/2x13W CFL
Homemade Sponge filter(temporary/experimental)
Stock HOB filter(no name)
Penguin 160 HOB filter
50 watt heater
Miracle Grow Organic Potting Mix sprinkled w/ Laterite, and
capped with black sand
Mopani Wood

Planned equipment:
New light set up
Paintball Co2

Flora:
Dwarf Hairgrass
Micro Sword
Anubias Nana
Wisteria
Limnophila Aromatica
Red Tiger Lotus
Anacharis
Fissidens Fontanus
A couple randoms that came with plant purchase, will edit once I figure out the names...

Fauna:
Random worms that found their way in
Nothing stocked yet, but is setup to house RCS.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Red Tiger Lotus was planted today(9.3.11, along with L. Aromatica) and seems to be a little bit "upset." The holes started out as black spots that disintegrated when I touched them. Hopefully this plant will bounce back...

Here's a random hitchhiker...

And another hitchhiker...

Any help with i.d. would be appreciated!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely not lesser duckweed. I've got that on another tank. These leaves are about 5 times larger at least. Pinkish underside, small root systems. Maybe not a floating plant?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this may be Water Spangles. It's hard to find a real good picture to compare with, but from what I saw this looks similar.

Another guess would be greater duckweed, though finding a decent picture of that plant is even harder...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, this tank is FULL of shrimp. Lots of RCS, 6 or so Ghost shrimp, 6 or so Amano shrimp, and 1 Bamboo shrimp. Plants have changed a little bit, with the addition of red root floaters on top and star grass in the back. Everything is growing well, with a DIY light fixture(double the light from when I started) and a 2 bottle DIY co2 setup, which is keeping my drop checker nice and green.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.