The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I trimmed my anacharis this week because it was almost to the top of the water. So i cut it halfway down and replanted the top next to the old stock. Within 2 days the the leaves of the old stock turned brown and didnt grow at all. The top half that i planted has taken off like crazy. How do i keep the bottom half growing when i trim it?
My tank is a 29 gal with 2x24w t5 ho lights. One 6500k bulb and one 5000 k. In for 10hrs a day. Does with pps pro daily. Co2 injection 4bps. Eco complete substrate. Run a 390gph canister filter and a mini koralia powerhead. Temp it 74°. My water is hard and my ph is around 8. Nitrates are around 20 ppm. Nitrite 0ppm amonia 0ppm

All my other plants seem to be thriving and healthy. Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Not exactly sure why your anacharis would be behaving like that -- it grows like a weed! Usually when it's separated, it will just put out multiple branches. Not sure if this would help, but try manually separating it instead of cutting it. It's pretty easily "snapped" and perhaps breaking it off at a natural separation point would better mimic what might happen in the wild. Just a guess, but some plants really hate being cut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.