The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago i noticed one of my S.repens stems was missing its top which seemed bizarre, as if it had been broken off
Today i noticed a clump of leaves on one of my blyxas, i took a close look and there was a grub/caterpillar poking its head out of the clump of S.repens leaves that he built around himself (they were held quite tight) and was munching on the blyxa leaves

·
Registered
918 Posts
It looks like a leaf roller caterpillar that I see in my outdoor garden that wraps itself in the plant leaves, whilst it munches away. I have never seen anything like that in my aquariums, though. Outdoors they turn into moths.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Reminds me of the cabbage worms that devour the collards in my garden. They were tough to see when my eyesight was good.

My biggest fear would be: Where there's one, there's more.

I've never seen one of those buggers before, but ID'ing it would be a good thing I think.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had something similar pay a visit some time back . Squashed it . Had a feeling nothing good would come from allowing it to remain in my tank . Might be interesting to put it into a jar or something and see what pops out .

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I had something similar pay a visit some time back . Squashed it . Had a feeling nothing good would come from allowing it to remain in my tank . Might be interesting to put it into a jar or something and see what pops out .
I gotta admit, I agree here. It would be kind of a neat little experiment. As long as it doesn't turn into a "little shop of horrors" kind of experiment, lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.