The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone here has seen the picture of Amano's "Big Tank", but here is a shot I've found after some thorough digging on the internet:

[/URL][/IMG]

Tha caption states: "The life space which aquarium and [biotopu] fuse"

I think this photograph is awesome. Truly something to work towards.

Cheers everyone, I thought a nice picture would help lift everyones spirits' if not just a little...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Really? I've seen this photo quite a number of times . . . I'd think it'd be wide-spread since it's in the free catalogue you'll get when you buy ADA stuff/go to an ADA shop. I got 5 cataloges around the house from visiting the gallery and shops in Japan as well as my visit to aquaforest and from the time I got my tank from ADG.

Advertising the soon-to-be-released ADA brand name wine. *roll eyes*

It is an impressive photo though :)

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I think it's idiotic.
waste all that money on such a ridiculous tank,
when you have a perfectly good view of the
outdoor flora and fauna right behind it?
like mounting a painting over a photograph.
only thing it would inspire me to do is laugh
at this artistic lunacy.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Man, I saw the title of this thread and just cringed, knowing someone would try to start something by making insulting comments and soon someone will snap back and it's the same old story. I'm tempted to lock it right now, just because I have a feeling I know where this is going (where it always ends up going).

Play nice guys.

I've always loved that photo. A friend of mine got to spend the night in that room, lucky dog.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? I've seen this photo quite a number of times . . . I'd think it'd be wide-spread since it's in the free catalogue you'll get when you buy ADA stuff/go to an ADA shop. I got 5 cataloges around the house from visiting the gallery and shops in Japan as well as my visit to aquaforest and from the time I got my tank from ADG.

It is an impressive photo though :)

I have never personally seen the photo until tonight actually. Mostly becuase I havent been spoiled with ADA equipment and catalogs ! :flick: I guess I underestimated how many people actually do get to peer into these catalogs.

Other than my nearsightedness, I have found the emotion of the photo to be gripping. I have always been enamored with Japanese contemporary architecture. The seamless blend of classic and modern tastes is very appealing.

The calming effect I get from this form of art: the setting, the materials, architecture, feel, mood, lighting, simplicity, etc...It just gets me thinking...

...of ways to top it.

No arguments guys, opinions are opinions. Take it for what it is; Takashi Amano's dream tank. I'd be willing to bet everyones dream tank is different. How many of us have reached our dream tank?

not me.

Im happy for Amano, you should be too.

jealousy is not a virtue.

cheers,

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
I think it's idiotic.
waste all that money on such a ridiculous tank,
when you have a perfectly good view of the
outdoor flora and fauna right behind it?
like mounting a painting over a photograph.
only thing it would inspire me to do is laugh
at this artistic lunacy.
The crazy part is that the perfect good view of the outdoor flora and fauna was completely made by him. That yard looked like a city lot before he started. He flew the rocks, plants, and trees from the mountains and dug and created the pond and stream. Everything you see was put there by him. Its started as a flat lot with a fence and grass. HAHAHAH

He is rich....and he likes to create. I dont see a prob with it. Buy into ADA or not, the man has a passion and he was lucky enough to make millions doing it. I always enjoy his work, and i will always have a look:)

jB

·
Registered
244 Posts
...the man has a passion and he was lucky enough to make millions doing it.
jB
I think he's lucky just to be able to pursue his passion. How many people don't or cannot.
Awesome picture, never saw it before. No fancy woodwork or trim. No Mercedes or Hummers sitting out front. I don't think money has anything to do with it. Sure it was necessary to create it as JB points out, but it's not about money, it's about peace and serenity...right?

I love your viewpoint spypet! I can see where you're coming from but I'm not very artistic myself. It may not be logical, but it is beautiful!

Best quote..."Im happy for Amano, you should be too.
jealousy is not a virtue."

Cheers!
-Bill

·
Registered
120 Posts
I always LOL at these artistic comment threads. It seems that if you like the art it is ok to comment, but if you don't there is always someone who says you should keep your comments to yourself. I always thought that one purpose of art is to see what others think of it. On that note. I don't like his stuff. To staged.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I really like the placement of the tank. Better than those that jump out from the wall and are kind of annoying.

Pleanty of area left over in the room to do what anyone with a room that large should, party!

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
This is why Amano needs his wine label!

What does he do with the tank in the winter?? I mean there is snow in Japan during the winter.
Turn it into a hot tub?:icon_roll
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Soo... Who's going to be carrying this wine? Jeff and Mike? Aquaforest?

This is all we need, aquascaping wine! Imagine how it will make you artistic!

/Seriously, I really do like that picture he has a very keen eye. But I think there is some more room for tanks in that room:icon_excl

-Andrew

·
Registered
203 Posts
I always LOL at these artistic comment threads. It seems that if you like the art it is ok to comment, but if you don't there is always someone who says you should keep your comments to yourself. I always thought that one purpose of art is to see what others think of it. On that note. I don't like his stuff. To staged.
I think most people are fine with constructive criticism. He's not going to please everyone. This is not the first time Spypet took a low blow on Amano so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I think the tank is amazing itself but I don't really like the layout. Imagine if he made his most popular small tank that size??? :icon_excl

·
Registered
217 Posts
My 2500gal concrete tank will be in my patio/sunroom. The tank will be 16' long 6' deep and 3' tall. The viewing window is 10' x 28". The view outside is 12.08 beautiful acres of New Hampshire woods. If I had the money my tank would be bigger so would the house and the property. I don't realy like the looks of Amano's tanks but he does and that's what matters.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.