The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 37g tank right now, planted and has 2 Firemouths and a Convict living in it. I have 3 large Amazon Swords, a couple of large Anubias' and a couple of unidentified. I am running a Rena cannister filter under the tank.

My question is: I currently have a 65w Compact Florescent over it with a Duel Daylight bulb in it. I believe that it's 6500/10000. Do you think that it's enough light to try growing something like Baby Tears across the bottom of the tank? I want to put something in that will carpet the front because it would really fill out the tank. Do I need to add more light, or will it get enough down to the bottom to let the more light hungry plants thrive?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
CO2 is probably more needed than light with baby tears.

If you don't want to add CO2 to the tank, you might try Marselia minuta, Echinodorus tenellus (there's at least 4 varities of this one that grow to diff heights, 'narrow' and 'micro' are the ones that stay under 2" tall), or dwarf sagittaria.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.