The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i've been thinking about using co2 injection in my tank but am starting to think it is going to be too much for me right now. I have a 55 gallon tank. I plan on adding plants so that it will be 50 - 70% planted. I have an aquasky led light. Is this enough light for a 55 gallong tank without co2 injection or do I need to go to the planted 3.0 fluval? I do use api co2 liquid booster every day.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have 2 55s with cheap LED lighting. No issues with most plants except some of the stem plants that I'd like to keep their reds up. I don't have co2 in any of my tanks. It all boils down to the types of plants you want to have in there.

Just wanted to chime in and say that you can have a lush planted tank without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
An Aquasky will put out a good amount of light so if a pressurized CO2 system is out of your reach right now, I'd strongly suggest getting a good amount of floating plants to mitigate illumination while the other plants establish and start growing. Once that's happened you can start slowly reducing the amount of floaters to give the tank time to adjust to the increased light input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts