The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a bag of ammonium nitrate and wanted to dose with it. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has experience with this.
It is a ten gallon tank. There are no fish in the tank and a bunch of different crypts, ammania graccilis, alternanthera reineckii, cardamine lyrata and maybe 1-2 more that I am forgetting. I only use Flourish right now, but, I will be moving to using dry ferts when it runs out, or I may supplement with them. It seems to me that the levels are pretty freaking low in Flourish! Or I could be reading it wrong... Anyways, Idk any of the levels in the tank, sorry...
I was wondering if I should dose to the normal 10ish ppm that people usually dose nitrates to with this (I am guessing not)? If not, what ppm should I aim for? I have very little experience with dry ferts and zero experience with ammonium nitrate. I am having trouble with rotala butterfly, it won't show any info when I try to do it with NH4NO3, idk why though.
Any help that I can get would be extremely helpful and much appreciated, thanks!:smile2:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
i already sent you a PM but i will post the answer here so other could benefit from it as well

100/34.998*500*0.2/5*37.8541/1000 = 2.16371

10 gallon Aquarium, 500 ml Solution, add 2.163 gram of NH4NO3 to your 500ml, 5 ml per 10 gallon will add 0.2 N, 0.1 N is in form of NO3 and 0.1 N is in form of NH4

you could dose this daily, double the dose if needed, but this is a good starting point in Medium planted tank, its fish safe long as you are not increasing the PH/KH to go over
7 PH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.