The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I purchased the Ammannia Gracilis a few weeks ago. After few weeks planted, the leaves of my Ammannia Gracilis turned black and crinkle. Could anyone identify the issue I am having with my Ammannia Gracilis? Thank you so much.

·
Banned
6,196 Posts
It could be a lot of things.

Ammannia's are tricky plants to grow, and few do it well. They prefer very rich soil and very lean water column ferts. Then again could also be issues with CO2, light, and tank maintenance.

There is a reason you don't see it much in "Dutch" type tanks. The same conditions it prefers can be poor conditions for other plants.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow- I just posted on another Ammania thread and ..fits perfect here too. I even mentioned seeing them in Dutch style tanks with heavy Co2 and light use looking large and healthy.
If in low tech? You are only renting them for a few weeks at most. You are better using that time for plants that like your conditions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ammania is not an easy plant. ideally you'd have 0kh good co2 and lean dosing. this is a plant that has many issues with stunting, when growth parameters are not to it's liking. in a low tech tank it's probably not gonna survive. but it also looks like the old emmersed leaves are dying off and collecting algae in the picture. i'd snip off these and wait for new growth. cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.