The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use an under gravel filter with Amazonia? Plan on it being a tb tank. About to get my soil in tonight. I have heard a few different things. Wondered if anyone had some input.

-Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use a diy pvc ufg attached to a eheim 2213 in my CRS tank and it works great. I put crushed lava rock around the holes to keep the suction from pulling in the amazonia.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have recieved my Filstar and have it running. The instructions leave something to be desired but it isn't hard to figure out. I have first the 30 then the 20 in the first basket. In the center basket I have the matrix, in the top basket I have a layer of the blue stuff,some "Purigen", another layer of blue, and finally the micro filter. It is extremely quiet and works very well. The only thing I don't particularly like is the end they give you for the inlet and outlet. First they have to wide a gap to hang over the edge and second they provide those useless little suction cups to hold it in place. Haven't these manufacturers ever heard of velcro ? (Reinforced packageing tape works best !)Anyway, its still one mighty fine filter for the price ! They say once you have it up and running you can go 3 months without cleaning it. I will play that by ear and start with once a month. :hehe:

I have a normal flat one, with the air pump.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Ya, I've only ever used a canister or hob filter to connect to a diy ugf. To connect the hob I used some vinyl tubing from the hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts