The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Well lol. That's a rotten bit of luck!
I got nothing. The leaves look in great health why the trunk would die........

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I will go out on a limb and say Potassium deficiency.
Per Seachem:
"........signs of potassium deficiency in older leaves which include: chlorosis (yellowing), necrosis (death/browning), pinholes in leaves, and weak stems and roots......"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will go out on a limb and say Potassium deficiency.
Per Seachem:
"........signs of potassium deficiency in older leaves which include: chlorosis (yellowing), necrosis (death/browning), pinholes in leaves, and weak stems and roots......"
I dose pottasium every day somwtimes every other day depending on eater changes.

What im thinking i was using my magnet scaper in the back of my aquarium would that have ripped apart the trunk part?

All my plants are healthy.

I dose
Excel
Flourish
Phosphorus
Pottasium
Iron

And have peabody root tabs in the substrate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
That's a bummer ...

If you had posted just the picture without any comments, my guess would have been that the leaves were trimmed by peeling off the rizhome.

I zoomed into the picture and I do not see anything that would look like rot to me. The leaves and stalks look very healthy. Getting all the leaves like that is so unusual, I have never seen that. The damage looks mechanical.

I would pull the rizhome up, not much more damage you can do to it now, and see if it is all soft and rotten and what the roots look like. In a garden, I would start looking for a gopher or something ...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yes his leaves look awesome. Have no swords that lush and green but I just began on liquid ferts.
Have been on just O+ root tabs.
OP you mentioned Excel I ordered some.
I know it contains formaldehyde and was curious if its invert safe.
When it arrives along with just about every other flourish bottle type other than Phosphorous as I think my fish and root tabs will provide that I shall be pursuing that swords level of lushness. That's a hard loss. Hope it wasn't your focal point of the tank.

I was stumped it was my best guess given the information we had. The ripping is much more plausible....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Don't say that. My wife is looking sideways lately with time money I've spent with my tanks lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.