The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being out of the planted tank hobby for a while I am back. I have always liked the look of amazon swords but I know they get big. Will they get so big though as to take over the whole tank? I don't mind if they grow up and out of the water but I do want space for other plants too. If anyone is growing them in a 45 tall please let me know your experience with them. Also do they need co2 injection immediately? I am going to be low tech for a month or so but I will get a 5 lb cylinder or two and a decent regulator as soon as I can. Thank you.

Registered
I keep my swords in my 40 gallon pretty small by removing large leaves. In my low tech setting 馃槈 my swords grow incredibly slow, I've only removed 2 leaves in 6 or 7 months, my swords are only about 4-5 inches tall. High tech results are wildly different and there is a possibility of it shedding when you bump into high tech.

*Edit- I have bleheri swords btw

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I decided to go with compactus instead of the straight up sword. I also grabbed anubias nana and windelov java fern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts