The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to fish keeping and purchased an amazon sword 3 months ago. Currently, there are five guppies in a 20-gallon long tank. It has been set up and going for about 5-6 months now. I have missed a couple of water changes, but lately, I've seen my amazon sword leaves starting to turn brown a die off. I'm fertilizing with Seachem Flourish about once a week. Can you please help me figure out why this is happening? I am not having excessive algae growth, and the LED lights are on for 9 hours a day.

Thank you,
Austin

tempImage7tlFAs.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seachem Flourish is not a comprehensive plant fertilizer, you're supposed to use it on a rotating schedule with their Nitrogen/Potassium/Phosphorous/Iron products. Flourish is mostly micronutrients. Alternatively, you can use a true 'all-in-one' fert like Aquarium Co-Op's Easy Green or Nilocg's Thrive as long as you keep up with your weekly water changes.

What's your substrate? Amazon Swords are heavy root feeders and will benefit if you fertilize the substrate with some root tabs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sword plants are hogs for Iron gluconate. Dose,then stand back- all other things being equal like enough light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts