The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been noticing some of the Amazon Sword leaves looking a little less than perfect. I have been adjusting my fert routine lately and am wondering if that may be causing this or is it just an old leaf?
I did check my nitrate level before the water change and I am guessing it to be around 160ppm (yes, higher than I would want). I don't have a TDS meter yet (someday?)
The first 2 pics are of the same leaf. The third is the rest of the Amazon Sword and the fourth is an overall shot of the tank during water change.
Reviewing a recently posted deficiency diagram, I am thinking nitrogen deficiency but given my high nitrates that seems unlikely.
Any Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is it just the older, outer leaves that are affected? If that is the case, it could be rasping from algae eaters thinning the leaves, or just the natural growth pattern. I find that on my swords when the outer leaves look like that, I trim them off low, close to the rhizome. Just my own experience, maybe some of the gurus have some other answers!

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a couple of bushy nose plecos in there and this leaf is probably an older leaf. Was taken from the back of the plant, up against the back wall so it should not surprise me the pleco's are responsible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.