The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This filter on lowest price $8.24 FREE shipping on Amazon. Usually sells around $15. I grab the chance to get 3 before the price shoots up again.

E-bay sells for $9 + $6 Shipping. Petco Stores about $13 last year.

This is a good filter used as a CO2 diffuser. There are videos on you tube that shows how to do it. Ive been using this for my 2 tanks with great results. How I set up mine, I place my CO2 ceramic diffuser below Hagen Mini Elite Filter (place them together in contact). This way I get double diffusion.

I tossed away green flow controller and foam bio filter.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like using them as current makers in my breeding tanks. I have one or two on the right side of the tank blowing to the left. This creates a really nice flow like a stream.

They are not obtrusive like some small filters. They can be hidden by plants.

I like the way it sucks up tiny bubbles from CO2 glass diffuser and chopped by its impeller. It then sprays tiny mist on the plants. I get pearling in an hour.

I am currently using 2. I reserve one when I do maintenance.
Great product.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I first purchased one to use as a diffuser. I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the media housing (bottom of the unit that snaps on to the motor) to route co2 line through then put a fine air stone in there. I fixed the co2 injection method I was having trouble with (dead fish got sucked into the intake hose and clogged the inlet to the pump I was using) so I never diffused any co2 with it. But they look like they work great.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Love these things. I have at least 5 of them around here. I run my CO2 line directly into the nipple on the outlet. Chops up the bubbles really nice. I have done the CO2 line directly into the intake and also tried the ceramic diffuser flush against the bottom.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I first purchased one to use as a diffuser. I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the media housing (bottom of the unit that snaps on to the motor) to route co2 line through then put a fine air stone in there. I fixed the co2 injection method I was having trouble with (dead fish got sucked into the intake hose and clogged the inlet to the pump I was using) so I never diffused any co2 with it. But they look like they work great.

I havent tried placing an airstone but it seems a good idea to try.

There is a youtube video that CO2 tubing was inserted directly on the side where flow control was removed. I think many have been doing this. The bio filter foam was then inserted in front of the flow nozzle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.