The Planted Tank Forum banner

Amazon Frogbit not doing well

2321 1
So i bought some frogbit to enrich my shrimps lives and help keep my nitrates down all was going well but progressively over time its getting browner and more rotten. My only idea to why would be my water level. This last water change i filled my tank a little more then normal (I did a bad and walked away from a water change.) Is my canopy glass killing it with condensation? Could it be my light? I have a LED Aqueon Optibright and I have it on all day to promote algae growth for my otto's.

I do use Seachem flourish two days a week for ferts and root tabs which obviously are in the substrate. Here is the way it looks currently...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZZKR8e2F8pKauJA-KLw4wrV7-OybwvpO/view?usp=sharing

I do have a tidal 75 filter but I have it set pretty low so the surface agitation is minimal. Plus some airline tubing helps keep it down.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As I understand you the main focus of the tank are shrimps. For this reason I will skip suggesting adding more of all that plants need (NPK and micros).

Most floating plants do not like to have a complete sealed enclosure with plenty of condensation. I would start with this, maybe leave a bit of an airgap at both ends of the aquarium so air can circulate. If you fear shrimp jumping out, cover these with some nets

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.