The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
It's not a flower, but it's still a good thing. It's a baby plantlet starting to form. You should let it stay attached to the plant until it reaches a decent size. There will probably be more of them soon.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
That is a flower stalk. Once that reaches near the surface, it will form plantlets along the runner. If the runner is along the water surface, it may or may not grow flower buds. If the runner leaves the tank, you will get little, white flowers instead of plantlets. I've had those runners grow 6+ feet long.

Once your plant starts sending these up, it will continue to do so indefinitely from my experience. They can be quite annoying to trim off all the time, but sometimes it's neat to see the flowers, or if you want more sword plants from plantlets.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm not sure what runner your taking about when you say itll form plantlets along the runners... Do you mean like plantlets along the stalk of the stem? Can't wait till this thing grows to the top! Just re-planted my tank with root tabs and placed 6(like always) around the amazon....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.