The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a Walstad 1.5 gallon bowl next weekend as I've got the half term week off (hooray) and I have this organic potting soil in my shed called BIOBIZZ All Mix Organic Soil that I bought off of Amazon a while ago. Here is its composition: 35% garden peat, 30% perlite, 20% Sphagnum peat moss, 10% High-quality worm manure, 5% Pre-Mix.

I will sieve out the garden peat and sphagnum moss, but do you think this will be ok? It advertises as being all organic and I'd rather use it than buy a whole other bag of soil. I will buy another bag if needed but just seems a bit pointless spending more money if it's not necessary.

It'd be great if you could let me know if you have any ideas!
Oh yeah, and here's the link:
BioBizz All Mix Organic Soil 50L: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Cheers, Jake

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Any dirt is fine. Ideally you want the most nutrient deprived dirt you can find since any dirt is considerably more nutrients in it then anything we normally use in an aquarium. You can also just dig up some dirt from your garden and bake it in the oven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.