The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about perfect English, we are fortunate enough to have many nationalities here and are always pleased to have another member (or two)! That is great that you and your wife share a common interest in planted aquariums, it makes the hobby much more fun.

Being one of the members in the USA I know we can be a little lazy so I will translate... 150cm x 50cm x 50cm ~ 5' x 20" x 20" or about 100 gallons by my calculations... which will be a very nice sized tank.

Is this your first planted aquarium?

Please feel free to ask any questions of the group... if needed! :) I know that I and many other members always enjoy reading a build thread!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about perfect English, we are fortunate enough to have many nationalities here and are always pleased to have another member (or two)! That is great that you and your wife share a common interest in planted aquariums, it makes the hobby much more fun.

Being one of the members in the USA I know we can be a little lazy so I will translate... 150cm x 50cm x 50cm ~ 5' x 20" x 20" or about 100 gallons by my calculations... which will be a very nice sized tank.

Is this your first planted aquarium?

Please feel free to ask any questions of the group... if needed! :) I know that I and many other members always enjoy reading a build thread!
Thank you a lot, this is my second tank, I love aquarium and now I want create a Amazon style.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

Do you know BioDigest? is good for acelerate the cycling period?

How long do you think I need to cycle my aquarium?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I can't wait to see what you and your wife create!! I love husband/ wife designs. My husband and I worked together for our turtle and cold water tanks. It was a great experience. Thank you for the updates!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi all,

Do you know BioDigest? is good for acelerate the cycling period?

How long do you think I need to cycle my aquarium?
I have never had any luck with the bacteria in a bottle stuff myself. The most effective accelerant for cycling a tank that I have found is filter media or gravel/substrate from another tank. In my tanks I have found that cycling usually takes 3 to 4 weeks after which I usually add fish slowly instead of a large number of fish all at once.

Even after the nitrifying bacteria has been established and has built up colonies to handle the nitrogen compound load I have found that my planted tanks usually take a few months to come to an equilibrium where the water chemistry stabilizes and doesn't shift radically. During this time I usually add fish slowly as the tank is coming up to a full stocking level.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received the biological acelerator and others itens for my aquarium

I am excited to work in my tank in the weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello everyone!

Today I worked doing the hardscape, below the pictures.

aquarium and gabinet.

Light fixture, My wife did this, It looks great!

I used pool filter sand and my old sand that I had in the other aquarium.

Microsorium Windelov

Work finished, I will put the biological bacterias to help in cycling period

The tests are Brazilian trademarks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To help in biological cycling, I mixtured the old midias with the new.

I have two baskets with perlon and filter sponge and two with ceramic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts