The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding ;) I found this playsand and had to take a snapshot with the phone. Just think, you could cap your clown puke gravel with clownpuke sand! Yes!

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of getting the neon green and having a sweet pink "river" going through it. No more foreground headaches!
Now all I need is a little ceramic flamingo.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it would contrast nicely with your snakes. You know, scary water snakes, blue and pink sand. Maybe one of those pirate chest bubbler things.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I saw that stuff at home depot two years ago. Might have been the same brand but not sure. The colours are the same though. Too bad it doesn't come in black. I was seriously going to try it in pink but didn't.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ultra married. With a husband that would be seriously MIFFED if I suddenly made a pink themed nano for the bathroom.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would seriously consider a touch of colored sand in a non planted tank, tacky can be good, in moderation and when its done intentionally, then it is called kitsche!

plus my son would probably love some neon green sand to go with his tiki guys

It is a craptacular cell phone pic, but you can see the tiki cup pots and the pirate skeleton and the pirate ship...god its awful, but its in his room and it makes him happy and more interested in the whole thing so whatever floats his boat!

·
Registered
138 Posts
This picture doesnt do its over the topness justice, I finally found my camera cable so I am charging it tonight and will post real pics in the morning...the guppies are pretty though!

It is dollar store tiki man nut cups, some awful pirate skeleton on clearance from petco and a pirate ship also on clearance but I refuse to hook up the bubble thing that makes it rock back and forth.

It has a certain charm to it, and I supposed its better than clown puke. And I did manage to put plants in it even though plants are "for girls"

But I think some green or blue sand might actually work in this tank!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts