The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Amano shrimp and panda cores are together, is there a problem feeding them? They both eat sinking food, but the ideal composition is very different. I can't imagine that the "feed the cories at night" trick would work. I would think that the cories would still eat the shrimp food and that the shrimp would manage to find the cory food in the dark. Of course, the amanos can be very feisty, perhaps they would fend off the cories :icon_eek:

Thanks,
Leah

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I keep half a Dozen Amano shrimp with a dozen Corydoras and have had no issues for over a year now.
Both must be getting enough food.
I sometimes use flashlight with red lens to view fish at night, and have seen both the cory's and Amano feeding for this is when I feed the cory's.:flick:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have kept Amanos with Panda, Bronze, Green, and Schwartz's Corys with no problems. You will find that your shrimp and your catfish spend almost all of their time grazing for food anyway, whether it is feeding time or not.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I also have amanos and cories together for a long time now. I think my amanos are 3 years old. My amanos get the same food my fish do and they take everything......white worms, frozen bloodworms, flakes and pellets. They just love to eat! I think I have 8 amanos and 18 cories in the one tank and they don't steal so much food that the cories don't get enough. I think regardless of the size of the cories (my black shultzies are about 2.5") the amanos get to their piece of food first but there's never any aggresion or hostility from either of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, everyone! I was more worried about the amanos or cories not getting the proper nutrition than not getting enough to eat, but it sounds as if it's not much of an issue. I'm guessing that it's better for the shrimp to eat the higher protein cory food than it is for the cories to eat the shrimp food very often.

Leah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts