The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:thumbsup: I have a tropical setup (65 litres) and I have 8 halequins and 3 guppys in it but I am planning to have 2 dwarf cockatoo chichlids(male and female),2 dwarf gouramis(same genders as chichlids) and 2 dwarf clawed frogs.I have noticed that the tank is now infested with algae and I have heard that amano shrimp tackle that algae (I also love the idea of having a little shrimp cleaning crew) would I be able to add an amono shrimp or 2?

thanks

chris:fish:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If you added the cihlids, guoramis, and frogs, your tank would be overstocked. You could add some amano shrimp to your current stock, but not the other fish you have in mind. Also, I think that frogs would eat the shrimp, and the cichlids and guoramis might be a bit iffy with the shrimp in such a confined space.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have to change the stock im going to put in?:eek5: what could I put in there that wouldn't over stock it?

·
Registered
794 Posts
since you only have what I'm estimating to be a 15 gallon tank (65L = 17.2Gal) all you should add is shrimp and snails. especial if you have male and female guppies since all they require is water to breed.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I'd get rid of the frogs, guppies and gouramis. Keep the harlequins and cockatoo cichlids. Then add the Amano shrimp.

I've kept adult Amano shrimp with a threesome of cockatoo cichlids. There were no problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are all male guppys and the tank volume in gallons is 17.7(not much better)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts