The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can you keep Amano shrimp with angelfish? I want to keep some to deal with algae, but AqAdvisor warns that angelfish might eat them. Any thoughts? Experience?

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Have a friend who keeps angelfish. Unless you're trying to give your angels a snack, I vote STRONGLY against putting angels and amano shrimp together.

Reactions: dornblaser

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Juvenile angel fish can be okay with large adult amanos for a little while when they are in the first stages of grow out (after separation from parents). If this is your situation and you have a place for the amanos after then I would say go for it. This is 99.99% of the time not the case, though. Nerite snails are excellent algae eaters, though you may have to place them on the area you want cleaned and they have a reputation for dropping eggs everywhere. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.