Hob Filter
No heater coz im in tropical country
The water is around 22-29 °c
A fan

9 neon tetra
1 nerite snail
2 otoclincus
And amanos

But the amano keep dying 1 by 1.. idk why..
There ia algae here and there.. i try put some crab cuisine food in front of the amanos but they dont interested with the food.. idk why...

They keep hanginh together either at the bottom or top where i have frogbit.

I dont know about the PH GH or etc..
I do WC twice a week with filtered water (not RO water or tab water)

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont have much experience but they aren't happy if they aren't eating. You tank is pretty small or that many animals, was it cycled? Perhaps try adding aeration with a bubbler if you don't have it. Ive seen that improve them significantly . Are you dechlorinating and do you have chloramine in your local water? Have your local fish store test your tank water, and sometimes too many changes can be very stressful. You water may be too soft- have a fish store test a clean fresh sample. A tank that small with that many shrimp and fish may be prone to wide water parameter swings with those tight quarters and frequent water changes, imo. That is stressful for the aquatic life.

After adding aeration and checking water, try adding small .5-1 cm slices of young zucchini boiled about 3 minutes and cooled. If they aren't interested in that they aren't feeling well. You could try feeding them a little of that now. Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I dont have much experience but they aren't happy if they aren't eating. You tank is pretty small or that many animals, was it cycled? Perhaps try adding aeration with a bubbler if you don't have it. Ive seen that improve them significantly . Are you dechlorinating and do you have chloramine in your local water? Have your local fish store test your tank water, and sometimes too many changes can be very stressful. You water may be too soft- have a fish store test a clean fresh sample. A tank that small with that many shrimp and fish may be prone to wide water parameter swings with those tight quarters and frequent water changes, imo. That is stressful for the aquatic life.

After adding aeration and checking water, try adding small .5-1 cm slices of young zucchini boiled about 3 minutes and cooled. If they aren't interested in that they aren't feeling well. You could try feeding them a little of that now. Good luck!
Hi, Thank you for your responds.. :) :)

yes it is cycled , ive been running this aquscape for more than a year... so it should be cycled..
i used filtered water with uv system that is safe for drinking.. when i do water changed..
i only have 11 fish ( 9 neon and 2 otos ) it should be fine right? didnt plan to add any fish anymore..
the water TDS is 125

and i add aerator just like u suggest.. and it is been an hour but they still the same... but i'll look at it agin in few hours..
will update it here if it helped or not

thanks

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Any chance that the tank was treated with copper meds or any kind of meds at any point in time?

Do you have current water parameters?

The false amanos do not appear to be doing well... at least the lighter colored ones. Possible infections.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance that the tank was treated with copper meds or any kind of meds at any point in time?

Do you have current water parameters?

The false amanos do not appear to be doing well... at least the lighter colored ones. Possible infections.
HI=i...

nope i did not treat my tank with any meds at the moment..
i dont have the water parameters either :(
i only have the TDS which is 125

my amano is having infection???

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
The dark false ones look fine, but the lighter colored ones don't look right.

Maybe something in the tank is leeching something toxic to them? Could be a plant weight, decoration or something else.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
The dark false ones look fine, but the lighter colored ones don't look right.

Maybe something in the tank is leeching something toxic to them? Could be a plant weight, decoration or something else.

Hmmm
I only has seiryu rocks
Hairgrass
Bucep
Anubis
Vallesnaria nana
Sagitaria
Ludwigia sp red

I dont think it is harmful to them..

After i adding aerator i havent seen them gathering together like that except at night.. should be fine i guess..

Maybe your filtered water has a touch of chlorine or copper not being fully removed?
Do you condition the water?
Hmmm.. im using filtered water i ussualy drink to fill the tank.. it should be fine right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont know about the PH GH or etc.

You are flying blind and only guessing without knowledge of basic water parameters- whatever your reason for not filling in the blanks would be outweighed by livestock loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts