The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I turned my fish tank lights on this morning I saw one of my amino shrimp dead. It had a yellow ish dot on it like the one in the picture (which is still alive.) All of my other 6 amano shrimp are fine. I did a 20% water change on the thursday, so 2 days ago now.

Is the dot a sign of some sort of disease?
If it is a disease, how could I treat it?
Also I was going to get a pearl gourami, hopefully, before I noticed the shrimp. Would I still be able to get the fish or should I wait?

This is in a 105l tank with:
  • 7 amano shrimp
  • 2 otocinclus
  • 3 glow light tetras
  • 10 ember tetras
  • 6 neon tetras
  • 2 albino Corydoras

the filtration on the tank is a all pond solutions 1000EF so the water stays quite clean.

Water parameters are:
I try keep my water temperature between 23 and 25 degrees Celsius
pH - between 7.6 and 8.0 (hard to tell with api test kit)
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - less than 10ppm
GH/KH - I don’t really have an effective way of testing this but I know I have quite hard water which is somewhat softened by the seachem neutral regulator I dose weekly.

What I dose weekly:
Seachem neutral regulator - 1 teaspoon
Fluval gro+ - 2.5 to 3.5 ml

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have enough otos or corys... recommended to keep both in groups of 6 or more.

As for the shrimp? Possible infection/injury? Not sure best med to treat with...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't sound like you have enough otos or corys... recommended to keep both in groups of 6 or more.

As for the shrimp? Possible infection/injury? Not sure best med to treat with...
thanks for the response, I’ll be getting more of each soon hopefull.

Just as a quick update, today I found the infected shrimp dead in the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.