The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a bunch of Amano shrimp in my 55g that do the same thing. I would consider this normal behavior.

Sometimes they are all just hanging out together munching on delicious algae and left over food. Other times they are by themselves, arching their 'back' like a cat stretching.

Amano shrimp are pretty hardy and adapt to most conditions as long as the water quality stays good. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alright thanks, just worried about the pH. I keep mine at ~6.9 and They need higher pH from what I read? I dont know if its a good sign, but they already stole food from RCS and are eating, so hopefully they are ok. Did a 3 hour drip acclimation yesterday just to be safe.

They should be just fine at that pH. Amano are like the java fern of invertebrates, you could probably acclimate them to a porta-potty storage tank and they'd do wonderfully.

If they STOP eating, then start to worry. Just ensure your water parameters don't have any extreme swings and they should be happy and healthy for a long time.

One lady at my LFS has a 13 year old Amano in her tank..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.