The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can amano shrimp get the white ring of death? I can’t see it very clearly at the moment, but it looks like one of my shrimp has it. Can anyone confirm this does happen to amanos, and if so is there anything I can do to help? Thanks

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I don't see why not... however, amanos are quite adaptable to various water parameters... from soft to light brackish.

The "ring" isn't guaranteed death though... it's a sign the shrimp is going to molt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see why not... however, amanos are quite adaptable to various water parameters... from soft to light brackish.

The "ring" isn't guaranteed death though... it's a sign the shrimp is going to molt.
Ah, thanks. I got a little worried. This is a formerly berried female that I was trying to breed, got concerned something went wrong while shifting her back from the hatching tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can amano shrimp get the white ring of death? I can’t see it very clearly at the moment, but it looks like one of my shrimp has it. Can anyone confirm this does happen to amanos, and if so is there anything I can do to help? Thanks
IME, its more like the "white ring of poor shell integrity".. I find many molts which are split in half at the top, and the shrimp lives to tell about it. Said another way; it does not kill them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IME, its more like the "white ring of poor shell integrity".. I find many molts which are split in half at the top, and the shrimp lives to tell about it. Said another way; it does kill them.
Lol, alright. But I’m a bit confused, I think you contradicted yourself. Did you mean doesn’t kill them, or am I as stupid as I think? But if the shrimp will be fine, that’s good to know

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lol, alright. But I’m a bit confused, I think you contradicted yourself. Did you mean doesn’t kill them, or am I as stupid as I think? But if the shrimp will be fine, that’s good to know
My mistake. Typo

it does not kill them. I have several berried with the white ring, they molt it, they breed, and move on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.