The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you are trying to raise the zoeys, yes. Once they have hatched, remove the female and make the water for the little ones brackish to full strength saltwater depending on where the mother amano came from. It has been tried many times with very few successes.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Make sure they have enough to eat (diatoms, spirulina, etc.); when I throw mine in my brackish tank without food only about two to three zoa reach maturity.
The female cannot survive in brackish water, but the zoa can be dumped straight in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info. I'm going to stop by my lfs tomorrow and pick up a few things. The female is in the tank alone, I will put her back home when they hatch. There is definitely some work involved here but I like a good science experiment.
I must of had all females before. I recently added a few and they have to be male because I have several with eggs now. Kinda cool.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i tryed this experiment a few years back....i ended up with lots of lil tanks and bowls with different leveles of salinity...my place looked like a mad scientist lived there lol... people were like sooooo what are all these cups with numbers on them and glass bowls? lol fun times..fun times...good luck with them i sure would like some amanos now lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.