The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have both cherries and amanos in my tank. They both do fine together. However, if you put in food, the amanos might try to snatch all the food away.

·
Banned
107 Posts
They get along just fine. Amano's will bully cherries for food, but its as simple as pushing them away from food and/or dragging the food away. it gets a little annoying if you like to keep food in a dish :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird I just put the amanos in and my male cherries mounted the amano and wouldnt let go. Amanos are gigantic compared to cherries I dont see how they wouldnt attack them

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I keep Amanos, RCS and tiger shrimp in the same tank. No problems.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Weird I just put the amanos in and my male cherries mounted the amano and wouldnt let go. Amanos are gigantic compared to cherries I dont see how they wouldnt attack them
My male cherries ride my Amanos from time to time. Male cherries still jump out of the way when Amanos charge for food. I think both know that the other can/will do no real harm to the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I break the food into several small pieces, the Amano shrimps just take the whole thing. Besides feeding, no other issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts