The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping Amano and Bamboo Shrimps for quite a while, and have researched and read about them pretty exhaustively. I came across something new a few days ago that specifically pertains to these two shrimp types, and wanted to put this out to this forum to see if anyone can confirm or deny this. Something I read told me that it is actually beneficial to the Bamboo Shrimps if you keep them together with Amano Shrimps. This article stated that because the larvae of Amano Shrimps require saltwater conditions to develop, but they can still breed and have the eggs hatch in freshwater (though they never fully develop) the free swimming larvae provide a source of food for the Bamboo Shrimps. Does this have any truth to it at all? On the surface it makes sense, but I only found this info in one source and would be curious to know what the real story is.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I keep my Amanos with a black morpho tetra and some Galaxy rasboras. The amanos are constantly berried and the black morpho tetra only eats live food. The amano larvae keep him alive and the Galaxy rasboras are more likely to beed with live food so the larvae never go to waste in my tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.