The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or are there others of us out there too? Come on, I can't be the only one...

ARRRRRRGH!!! Fingernails on a chalk board!!!

:help:

(I even suggested Tchaikovsky, thinking that would go well with all of my relatives, but apparently, if it has musical value, it doesn't count as Christmas music. I would MUCH rather hear Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy than I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!! Somebody shove icepicks in my ears, please.

[/bah humbug]

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Yes Church, you are the only one! (;

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You not the only one :)
After working in retail and listening to the same christmss music over and over and over again for like 2 months at the time it does gets to you I prefer to listen to Tchaikovsky over christmas music. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
don't really like most of the stuff played but there is some good Christmas themed music around just not the main stream one's.

some of my favorites are sung by frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, also Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats did a pretty good christmas album.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Retail needs to diversify and broaden their music collection. What about the nonchristian holidays...
there just isn't as much Halloween music as there is Christmas music :icon_lol: (other than that lame stuff they made in the 70s/80s or whenever it was lol)
Plus they like to celebrate Christmas because everyone goes out and spends their money. Whenever I hear Christmas music it reminds me of the mall.
Consumerism :icon_wink :hihi:

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
If I could only hear each song once a year, I'd be fine with it. Christmas music should be played the week of Christmas and that's it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Church, you're definitely not the only one.

And the newer versions suck, too. No matter how they're dressed up, changed or performed, I'm sick of them.

I was once asked what my favorite holiday song was, and I replied Auld Lang Syne. Because I know when I hear it I'm done being subjected to Christmas music.

{Edit: I have to admit, in all honesty, that I attended a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert last year around this time, and I loved it! They were fantastic!}

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Or are there others of us out there too? Come on, I can't be the only one...

ARRRRRRGH!!! Fingernails on a chalk board!!!

:help:

(I even suggested Tchaikovsky, thinking that would go well with all of my relatives, but apparently, if it has musical value, it doesn't count as Christmas music. I would MUCH rather hear Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy than I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!! Somebody shove icepicks in my ears, please.

[/bah humbug]
i hate christmas movies and music lol you are not alone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.