The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right in assuming this is a crypt lutea?

It is in an emersed setup, but is still in the submerged form I believe. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your setup is super damp compared to mine..
My water level is high, and I mist every day. Plus, no holes in the lid, I got a clear lid, so I didn't have to doctor it up.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh... I have no water level, just dirt. I mist once a day with tank water... and my lid is plastic wrap. :hihi: I feel so lame.
You can put a little bit of water in the dirt so it is kind of soggy. Just make sure your dirt is not gonna float. It should help with the humidity. And in the 40b, you really should use some type of containers to keep the plants in. The water in the bottom really helps. Then if you don't mist, it is not so bad.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
You can put a little bit of water in the dirt so it is kind of soggy. Just make sure your dirt is not gonna float. It should help with the humidity. And in the 40b, you really should use some type of containers to keep the plants in. The water in the bottom really helps. Then if you don't mist, it is not so bad.
Humidity seems pretty good I'll have to get a gauge. What is the reason I need containers? The misting helps me add ferts I use tank water from the 75. I've seen a lot of successful emmersed set ups that had no containers or place for water to be held.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Humidity seems pretty good I'll have to get a gauge. What is the reason I need containers? The misting helps me add ferts I use tank water from the 75. I've seen a lot of successful emmersed set ups that had no containers or place for water to be held.
I just think it is better to have the extra humidity buffer in the tank. The extra water provides that. That is why I have it. And also if you need to heat the tank for whatever reason, you can just throw an aquarium heater in the water and good to go.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see what you are saying.. I'll think about it.
Lol. Don't let me pressure you. You have me thinking of trying it the way you are doing it now. I am curious.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, I'm pretty sure Nick does it with just substrate although he uses aquasoil.. that was my original plan, but I'm running low on funds....
I don't think I would use that unless I was making money selling the plants. I am just doing mine for my own pleasure at the moment. It fills in the fishless voids when the tanks don't need anything.

P.S. - We should probably take this convo to my other thread. In my sig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts