The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a 6ft x 24in x 20in tank. The tank should hold 150g of water but less the soil and the rocks its probably only 120g of water. Its a very densely planted hi tech tank. For filtration I run 3 eheim 2217s on the tank.

I have 50 cardinal tetras
20 congo tetras
10 otos

Am i overstocked?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats great! My tank is 3 months old.

Aqadvisor says its like 75% stocked which I thought was a bit high. I just added the congo tetras a couple of days ago and i was worried that I might get an algae bloom because of all the new livestock.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
On Aqadvisor, up to about 115% is fine. Once your tank has had a few weeks to get the bacteria built up, you can add a bunch more fish, since all of yours are so small. Maybe a centerpiece of some sort, too. Pearl gourami?

·
Registered
47 Posts
At first aqadvisor is helpful, what "stocked" is depends on your system (fish, filtrattion, plants). I had more than double the nitrates before a water change than I have now when my plants weren't grown in yet, but I had half the stock and changed 20% every week; and now my plants are grown in, I have more stock, and I water change every other week. So cycle your tank, and monitor the levels, and if your plants or your water change routine are super compensatory, than you're good to go to add whatever you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.