The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have just joined the forum, so first off hello everyone and nice to meet you all :laugh2:

I have a question that hopefully one of you can help me with. I am wondering if I am missing anything with my 75 Gallon Planted tank

Specs:
- Lighting: 4 HO T5 48" Bulbs. 3 are 6,700k and one is 10,000k.
ON 9 hours/day
- Filtration: I am running 2 Sunsun 302's.

- Pressurized co2, running at about 8 bps, which is being split and sent up both filter intakes.

- Temperature is set at 78*
- Fertilizer schedule:
I am dosing Aquavitro products, with the following schedule:
Monday - Propel (iron), activate (phosphorus), and synthesis (nitrogen)
Tuesday- Propel and Envy (trace)
Wednesday- Propel, activate and synthesis\
Thursday- Propel and envy
Friday- propel, activate, synthesis
Saturday- Propel, envy
Sunday- Magnesium and Carbonate (potassium)
- 50% WATER CHANGE ON SUNDAY.

Is there anything I am missing?
Some plants are doing ok (red tiger lotus, amazon sword, green cabomba) but others arent doing the best (dwarf hairgrass, water wysteria, ect.

Any info is appreciated:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have just joined the forum, so first off hello everyone and nice to meet you all :laugh2:

I have a question that hopefully one of you can help me with. I am wondering if I am missing anything with my 75 Gallon Planted tank

Specs:
- Lighting: 4 HO T5 48" Bulbs. 3 are 6,700k and one is 10,000k.
ON 9 hours/day
- Filtration: I am running 2 Sunsun 302's.

- Pressurized co2, running at about 8 bps, which is being split and sent up both filter intakes.

- Temperature is set at 78*
- Fertilizer schedule:
I am dosing Aquavitro products, with the following schedule:
Monday - Propel (iron), activate (phosphorus), and synthesis (nitrogen)
Tuesday- Propel and Envy (trace)
Wednesday- Propel, activate and synthesis\
Thursday- Propel and envy
Friday- propel, activate, synthesis
Saturday- Propel, envy
Sunday- Magnesium and Carbonate (potassium)
- 50% WATER CHANGE ON SUNDAY.

Is there anything I am missing?
Some plants are doing ok (red tiger lotus, amazon sword, green cabomba) but others arent doing the best (dwarf hairgrass, water wysteria, ect.

Any info is appreciated:)

define not doing the best? whats happening to them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the dwarf hairgrass is staying alive but it is barely spreading, whereas in my 29Gallon where it was before it was carpetting like crazy. As for the sword, it seems to have small holes in it and isn't growing as nicely as it used to.

As for the other plants, a lot of them are simply growing very slowly and sometimes getting a little bit of algae on them.

I had a 29 gallon tank before, and I upgraded to a 75. The plants were doing great in the 29 gallon tank.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You should look into EI or pps dosing, you probably have deficiencies because of the diluted ferts
I agree. The holes sound like a potassium deficiency. Ei is great because ferts are cheap and it's easy to make a stock solution and go.

Is the substrate the same as the 29? Was the 29 aged before you added dhg? Dhg seems to have a harder time spreading for some in a larger grain size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.