The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My tank specs are listed in my signature. I have had this set up for about 3 months. I have 1 piece of Mopani and 2 pieces of Malaysian Driftwood, and 100 mg of purgen to keep the tannins down. I have several planted tanks for several years, and always had BBA problems. This is my first low tech tank. I started out thinking that this would be easy to take care of, but my nitrates and phosphates kept going down, and I started getting GSA. I started dosing Nitrate, phosphate, potassium, and magnesium at about 4, .4, 5, .4, ppm (Maintaining that level in the tank). I am also using 50/50 tap and ro water, because of my 400 ppm TDS tapwater, although the tap water has 3 and 7 on kh and gh. I do add a bit of Equalibrium on water changes to keep my kh and gh there, But my TDS is still about 280. All algaes are under control except the bba. I have started dosing excel, and slowly moved it up to 2ml to 10 gallons, nothing yet. I am thinking about raising the light again, since the BBA is on the upper leaves, but according to the reviews I have found, on the stingray, I am in low light already. When I do water changes I run a bubbler in the makeup water for at least 24 hours to normalize co2. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an HOB and a Cannister, in a 10 gallon tank. And all most all of the algae is in high flow areas.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.