The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a combination of HC and HM for a carpet. I really love love the look of HM and it is very easy to deal with but It grows pretty high in just a week. Each week it takes about 20 minutes or more to trim. Then, about once a month I have to trim back really hard or it starts to lift out of the substrate a bit. After a large trim, it takes about 2 weeks to get back to where it looks good an another two to get where I like it, just to repeat the cycle.

I want something taller than the HC for sure. I like the look of the HC being sunk into the HM. I would also like it to be pretty dense. Dwarf hairgrass, or even UG seems like an obvious choice but I am not the biggest fan of grass like plants yet. I can't say I don't like them because I have never had any, I just like leafy plants. I don't even know if their is an alternative to HM that is similar at all, hopefully their is.

Here is a picture for reference, some things have changed but I dont have current pictures, mostly the same though:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts