The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to set up my 120 gallon tank. 60x18x26. I was ready to buy a BML XB Dutch 6300K today, went to the website and they don't do aquarium lights anymore.

What alternatives are there to BML with a 60 inch strip.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
I'm getting ready to set up my 120 gallon tank. 60x18x26. I was ready to buy a BML XB Dutch 6300K today, went to the website and they don't do aquarium lights anymore.

What alternatives are there to BML with a 60 inch strip.

Thanks
current planted plus pro 4013 (48-60")

and DsunY
DSunY 150cm led light fresh water planted aquarium, View led light aquarium, DSunY Product Details from Shenzhen DSunY Electronic Science And Technology Co., Limited on Alibaba.com
(Leg kit and rails are usually included)

are the only "on tank top" ones I can think of..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
There is an Australian company you might look into. For $432 for 3 tubes shipped including automatic dimmer you can light your 150cm tank brightly. The tubes are pretty clunky looking compared to DSunY though.
MakeMyLed

I went with LEDzeal but it's a panel and I don't know if the 5' one is still offered.

And ReefBreeders makes a very nice product if you use a customized spectrum.

·
Registered
963 Posts
An horticulture fixture from BML? some have the right colors. However if those are used over an aquarium, will it void the warranty?

Michel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well just wanted to post an update. I've had the tank running with the single Current Plus Pro for about 8 months now, and i can say i'm not happy with it. For the last three weeks i've been pondering adding a second Plus Pro. However i'm starting to see lights like Radion (XR 15FW Pro G2) and Atlanktik V4. Haven't seen much info on the lights, but if someone could chime in with additional info, experience with the lights or other alternatives that would be great.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Radion and Atlantik are pretty much state of the art currently but pricey..

don't forget about it's little cousin the AI Prime.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Well just wanted to post an update. I've had the tank running with the single Current Plus Pro for about 8 months now, and i can say i'm not happy with it. For the last three weeks i've been pondering adding a second Plus Pro. However i'm starting to see lights like Radion (XR 15FW Pro G2) and Atlanktik V4. Haven't seen much info on the lights, but if someone could chime in with additional info, experience with the lights or other alternatives that would be great.

I am currently running (2) of the Radion XR15 FR Pro lights (Gen 4) on my 75g tank. Very happy with the end result, especially as I used to have (2) Satellite Pro lights over the same tank. The Radion software is very user friendly. The lights should have more than enough power for your tank. Given the 60" length, you will likely need three of these lights to cover the length if you are looking for something close to high light. If you wish, there are a few pics of my light setup near the end of my build thread listed below.

The only issue I "might" have with the AI Prime lights would be the 26" tank depth - I don't have any real data regarding how much light they would generate at that depth.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
@ 60cm (24") the reef one (really, only difference is in color AND the Apogee MQ200 cuts off terribly at 660nm and reads slightly low on the blue end.)
They apparently did some corrections though..
score 70 to 121 in about a 24" sq area:

sorry small image..

Data done by the same people that make the Spectra app..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am currently running (2) of the Radion XR15 FR Pro lights (Gen 4) on my 75g tank. Very happy with the end result, especially as I used to have (2) Satellite Pro lights over the same tank. The Radion software is very user friendly. The lights should have more than enough power for your tank. Given the 60" length, you will likely need three of these lights to cover the length if you are looking for something close to high light. If you wish, there are a few pics of my light setup near the end of my build thread listed below.

The only issue I "might" have with the AI Prime lights would be the 26" tank depth - I don't have any real data regarding how much light they would generate at that depth.
Great info thanks, i will defiantly check out your build thread.

Bump:
Radion and Atlantik are pretty much state of the art currently but pricey..

don't forget about it's little cousin the AI Prime.
Yes i saw the AI prime after making the post. It looks like a good candidate as well!

Bump:
@ 60cm (24") the reef one (really, only difference is in color AND the Apogee MQ200 cuts off terribly at 660nm and reads slightly low on the blue end.)
They apparently did some corrections though..
score 70 to 121 in about a 24" sq area:

sorry small image..

Data done by the same people that make the Spectra app..
Great info thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.