The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what are some good alternatives for feeding my cherry shrimp. I have used the usual LFS packaged foods, but want to try some veggies and stuff....I have lots of romaine lettuce....any idea on how I can prepare this....Ive thought of boiling it for 30-60 seconds, then rolling it and cutting into pea sized bits and freezing them...then dropped 2-3 pieces when feeding...thoughts on this?

Also, how often should I be feeding these guys (currently housing 35 shrimp a few of which are berried :D )

·
Registered
788 Posts
IMO you should only be introducing outside food every 3-4 days. Overfeeding should be avoided because of water quality yadda yadda yadda.

And, try feeding them a cucumber slice. Prepare it by boiling it then cooling it down in cold water then put it in the tank.

I did this and my RCS ate through the middle of it and it's kind of neat to see lol.

Not sure if romaine lettuce would be good in terms of being food but good luck with it.

P.S: In terms of using veggies as outside food being introduced into the tank feel free to check out this forum post:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s...es/150913-verify-shrimp-veggies-once-all.html

·
Registered
788 Posts
Uhhh I boil my cucumber slice using a microwave lol.

So I take a small bowl of water (enough to cover the slice) then put cucumber slice in... then I set my microwave for like 20 seconds.

and 1/4 is fine for the size of the cucumber slice.

oh and be careful when boiling if you use the microwave... it gets HOT lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.