The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm a motivated beginner in aquascaping, and i'm having some trouble with my Reineckii's. They get holes in their leaves and dissolve after a period of time. Its a 170L akvastabil cube tank. I'm currently using tropica soil and i'm using tropica specialized nutrition and some happy life happyferro for iron boost. I dose about 5 pumps per week for lean dosing. All the other plants in the aquarium seems to thrive. (Monte carlo, Pogostemon Helferi, java ferns, anubias bateri and petite etc. and some hygrophila siamensis 53b. Are my fertilizers not good enough?
Any solutions? What am i missing? T_T Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Organism Natural landscape
Plant Leaf Botany Natural landscape Organism
Plant Flower Botany Terrestrial plant Vegetation

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look more like they are getting eaten. Do you have any algae eater in the tank ?
Per now, i have 3 otocinclus, many neocaridinas, Amanos, and a school of cardinals aswell as two or three Clea Helena snails

·
Registered
32 Posts
Per now, i have 3 otocinclus, many neocaridinas, Amanos, and a school of cardinals aswell as two or three Clea Helena snails
I have heard that amano shrimp could feast a bit on them. They do not in my tank thought.

Not sure if this is AR mini in the front, but they seem not to get touched so it's something "living" in this area.

You tank seems algae free, so maybe they need a bit of algae waffle.

·
Registered
No longer a newbie.
178 Posts
Amanos for sure. Mine ate up all my algae and started to eat my AR mini. I didn't even know amanos had a blood thurst for AR until I did some research. I removed half of them to cut down on food competition and have started to supplement their feeding 3 times a week. If they keep eating it I may have to remove them all together

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for sure. Mine ate up all my alg
Amanos for sure. Mine ate up all my algae and started to eat my AR mini. I didn't even know amanos had a blood thurst for AR until I did some research. I removed half of them to cut down on food competition and have started to supplement their feeding 3 times a week. If they keep eating it I may have to remove them all together
I'm thinking the same. I've also removed almost half of them, and if they won't stop destroying the AR I will find them, and i will.. put them in a tank without ARs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts