The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was away from home for some time and when I checked my tank I noticed my Alternanthera Reineckii lost many of its leaves from the bottom to the middle of the plant. The top was sticking out of the water some, could this be a result of the plant transitioning to its emersed form? How do I go about trying to get the rest of the plant to grow back?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would just cut the tops off and replant them and discard the leafless bottoms .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just cut the tops off and replant them and discard the leafless bottoms .
Yeah I noticed that some of the bottoms broke apart very easily so I'm assuming they're rotting... a shame because I really like the look of how they grew out of the substrate originally. I'm assuming there's no saving them at this point? I have other trimmings still around I can replant as well

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I wouldn't even try to save them other than the top few inches . As tall and lanky as they have grown I would say they need more light . More light could lead to other things needing to be changed as well .

Reactions: AJ_117
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.