The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm not really asking for advice . . . just kind of showing off.

Some of you may know that I like to dabble with graphic arts, and in High school I was serious in the art program and had lots of friends who were artists. One of those friends was the girl I . . . well, I have a pretty big crush on. She's going to art school in Washington though, and I'm here in SoCal. I decided I'd but out some old art skills though to put this together for valentines day. :)

This last winter break we were both back home in Hawaii and on one day we went to the beach and watched the sunrise together. This is a drawing of that time. :heart:

She doesn't do planted tanks so she won't notice it here, but my plan is on Valentine's day, I'm going to post in on Deviantart and then send her a textmessage saying "Check Deviantart," and leave it for her to find. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think it is sweet!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are a darling....and a talanted one at that!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies-- my morale and resolve are well boosted. :proud:

This idea came to me last week thursday late at 10:00pm, but I was so excited and determined that I couldn't go to sleep until I'd spent the 5 hours to finish it! :hihi:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OOO MY GOD! Those are very very similar lyrics from Dragon Ball GT! The ending song I believe. Very cool though. I wish you luck with her :-D.

BTW I dunno if your japanese is perfect. I'll get my mom to read it if you don't mind :-D.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
O nvm it was completely right. Just that when you talk to me in Japanese, it's not perfect, just enough to understand :-D.

Well I found out it is the Dragonball GT opening. And after "一番” there is a little thing that looks like a "flat" mark for music. What is that?

Very cool.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:hihi: :hihi:

It's the dragonball GT opening, I didn't do the translation (though I fixed up the translation I found a bit to sound somewhat more natural in English), and that's a "6" that was a footnote that I forgot to take out. :hihi: :hihi:

And yeah, my Japanese ain't great. I think I failed my exam this monday . . .:hihi:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Pray to God she isn't a DB GT fan.

I stopped watching after the Bu saga, great show.

But

FLCL > Naruto > Cowboybebop > DBZ.

Fo sho'

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry, I know she's never watched DB GT . . . she's mostly a shojo reader if she reads anything . . . she's more into Final Fantasy art . . . the only Shonen series I know she reads is D. Gray Man, and she's a Death Note fan of course. Who isn't?

And how the heck did Naruto get above Cowboybebop in there? :red_mouth

Naruto = Great manga (though becomes only "good" after time jump), crappy anime. Anything with speed-lines makes me sad . . .

With anime, I think more along the lines of:

Miyazaki pwns all > FLCL > Cowbowbebop/Samurai Champloo > Death Note/Bleach > Naruto/Yu-gi-Oh/Eyeshield 21 > One Piece (from what I've seen, heard it gets better later) > Pokemon > . . . > dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh

On-going Manga:

One Piece > Eyeshield 21 > . . . I guess there are some others worth reading down here . . . :hihi:

BTW-- Even if she figured it out (not hard BTW) I'm sure she'd just laugh, call me a Dork, and then we'd both get a good laugh. :redface:

·
Registered
612 Posts
With anime, I think more along the lines of:

Miyazaki pwns all > FLCL > Cowbowbebop/Samurai Champloo > Death Note/Bleach > Naruto/Yu-gi-Oh/Eyeshield 21 > One Piece (from what I've seen, heard it gets better later) > Pokemon > . . . > dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh
You list all those and forget all about AKIRA? When I hear anime that's the first movie I think of. I also think of Bleach, FLCL, Inuyasha (yeah i know don't say it) , cowboy bebop (I can sing the theme song but cant understand it) Samurai Champloo, Wolf's cry, Lupin the 3rd, etc.
Yes I know I'm almost 24 and I absolutely love just about any type of art. Yes that includes cartoons (even some poorly done ones)
Have you ever seen Waking Life? I recommend it. I had a hard time watching it without getting motion sick but the plot and the concepts are worth the struggle IMO. Sometimes I just had to close my eyes and listen.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just recently started watching Naruto . . . I'm sure if i read the manga I would be hooked in an instant. Youtube has all 200 something episodes hosted . . . therefore I <3 Youtube.

As far as others can say, I'm sure Adult Swim/Cartoon Network have ruined my perspective of Anime.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm not sure they've ruined my perspective on anime. Other shows maybe. There are some shows that I have only watched once and never again. I used to know SOOO many anime but my memory only works intermittently. I'm surprised I even remember the ones I listed. I used to get suckered into watching DB&DBZ and playing the video games. The guys always hated getting beat by a girl. - I am the master at Soul Caliber II, Tekken Tag, and Tekken 4.
I'm sorry I've gone completely off topic here. (that is some very great artwork BTW) I can remember when I could spend 6-10 hrs a day drawing. Now that I have a son the most drawing I get to do is with his chubby fingers and colored pencils. LOL

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guppy Girl, it actually sounds like you'd fit really well into my group of friends . . . of which, I'm sadly the only non-gamer. :icon_neut

I don't even know all the anime you mentioned (shame on you for the Inuyasha though) :hihi:

Nightshop-- shame on you for cartoon network . . . and shame on you for watching Naruto Filler episodes . . . just kidding. Actually, the weirdest thing about the Naruto anime was episode 133-- it was actually really freaking good. I was like, WTF!? Why is there 1 really well done episod!? :icon_neut

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yah how'd it go? I'm curious.

And Death Note is the best, just too short :-D.

Naruto is great, I only read RAW manga hehehe. Also Bleach is a favorite too. I was also reading Shaman King, BUT THEY FREAKING STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY! So gay. Anyway. You have to play Final Fantasy lol. Especially Final Fantasy VIII. IMO the best. But the popular one is FFVII. Dunno why. I guess it was Sephiroth LOL.

Way off topic. Mebbe we should make a thread titled: ANIME/MANGA/GAMES.

I love understanding Japanese

1 - 20 of 24 Posts