Uhh. I would do a big WC if I were you.
maybe all your adults were old and were just dying of old age, and they all happened to go at once?
I was going to reference the same thing. Good one.At most there would be 3 drops of pH reagent in a drop checker. If the bromothymol blue reagent was that toxic it would come with warnings, and I don't think it does. There is some sodium hydroxide in the reagent too, I think, but a very small amount. The stuff is primarily water. I read the material safety data sheet for a typical pH bromothymol blue reagent - it is slightly toxic for people, but no data is available on animal toxicity. That's because the bromothymol blue dye is definitely toxic, but the reagent contains around .05% dye.
If it wasnt the DC fluid, it might have been the Co2. Even though i havent touched it in a while, i did remove the koralia pump i had running that ran current towards the top.Sorry about your shrimps dude. I had spilled some DC fluids before inside my tank but my shrimps were fine. It could be something else. Could be anything like food, water parameter , excess Co2 or anything that has been accidentally dropped inside. Aerating your tank right away should help if you still have some still alive.
I do not use any conditioner, i use pure RO.What kind of water conditioner did you use?
Damn, thats just sad. Sorry to hear that.I lost 150+ CRS/CBS over night in 29 gal. few years back.....its still a mystery for me! God knows!