The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, hopefully everyone is enjoying their fall and looking forwards to Christmas, New Years, Skiing, Etc. Fall of senior year is waaayyy too busy. I've scrapped most of my hobby stuff till college apps are done but want to try and get rid of some weeds since I'm going to be shifting some stuff around and I'm actually going to start writing a hobby related book and see IF I can actually get it published, which will be interesting to say the least.

Anyways, I have a 10g full of Süßwassertang I want to get rid of all of it. I also have a good amount in my 55g I'm hoping to put a dent into that as well.

Price is $3 per golf ball, for another size reference I just realized that a golf ball fits into one of the small black plant pots that crypts and stuff come in from the LFS so a portion will be the interior of this container. This is in water more or less since Süßwassertang is pretty good at holding it's shape out of water as well. I'll send it in a bit of water and a Freezer Zip Lock bag, then all you have to do is plop it into your tank.

Shipping is $7 flat rate for USPS Priority with a bubble wrap envelope Zip Lock bag etc. You can buy 100 portions and It'll be the same rate. (Sadly I probably could sell you 100 portions:hihi:)

Have a great December!
-Andrew Hill

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've responded to all PMs.

15 portions sold so far, they're going quick.

If you want some Let me know.

I'm sending all orders out monday.

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple more have sold.

If you're interested PM me, this is a one time deal possibly only this week.

Also, if you want to trade me some Daphnia or live blood worms let me know.

Thanks for looking,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twenty Portions are gone.

Approximately Eighty more portions left. I'll know for sure how much is left on tuesday.

If you want some of the first portions let me know,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of the süßwassertang that was grown in my 10g was grown in low light no co2, it took a month or two to get going but once it did there was no stopping it! You'll see the growth is a little bit more ornate than the normal High Light High CO2 EI dosed tanks but just as nice, once you place it in one it would go back to normal.

As for temp I'm not too sure. I think it hit 80ish over the summer and all of it was fine. I don't have any discus tanks or any higher heat tanks so I can't give you direct experience with that. Maybe someone else can chime in?

In my experience its a very hardy plant overall, I know when it originally started circulating in the hobby it was called a High Light plant that needed CO2 and whatnot but this is not the case.

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post somehow...

I still have a few dozen portions for sale,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're starting to go quick pm me if you want some.

Another note. I'm trying to keep this really simple. The price on the süßwassertang is really cheap and I'm charging a standard shipping fee. I'm shipping all orders out monday, if there is more left I'll send the next batch out next Monday. Please try not to make it more complicated, right now school is a bit crazy and I'm applying to college amongst other things.

Simplicity is Key,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to let everyone know that I'm prepacking the portions (started earlier today) so if you've expressed interest and paid your portions are all set to go (still under light and whatnot though) but if you haven't and don't pay my in time there may not be enough or they may not go out this Monday.

If you have already paid don't worry,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last chance to get some shipped out monday! You would need to PM me now or soon and send the payment today.

If you've sent a payment I've gotten it. The portions are being shipped out tomorrow.

Thanks all,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I thought the PO closed at 5:30, it closes at 5. So I'm shipping everything out tuesday this time...

So that means if you wanted to get into this week's orders there is still some time. Send me a PM with what you want and I'll send you the paypal addy.

Sorry about the minor delay.
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I've got at least 20 more portions left in my 10g to get rid of, then another few dozen to work on in the 55g. I'm trying to get rid of at least all thats left in the 10g before I move onto my next plant which will be either Java Ferns trident and narrow or Flame moss.

As always next batch will be shipped out Monday.
If you're interested let me know.

-Andrew

PS. Every portion sold helps me go another week without getting a minimum wage paying job, I need to sell 30 or so portions for next week to really justify it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.