The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are all of my plants dying except for Staurogyne? I've gone through Crypts, Lugwigia, Lobelia, and Blyxa and the've all died. Staurogyne is the only one remaining and it's doing well. Any ideas as to why?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hmm that's odd..

What are you dosing in the tank? Do you have a fert regime you go with daily? How much light are you using? Any co2?

In my experience, crypts are heavy root feeders, so they need a lot of nutrients from the substrate, otherwise sometimes they show deficiencies.. but crypts still commonly hardy anyhow.. You might try some root tabs every now and then for crypts.

-William

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been getting kind of lazy with my tank. It's 10 gallons with I believe 40 watts T5HO, DIY CO2, aquasoil, and I used to dose dry ferts but I haven't been doing so lately.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I don't see how 40watts t5ho is possible..there are only 18w 20" t5HO bulbs but nonetheless it's because you have too much light and not enough co2 and dosing.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I don't see how 40watts t5ho is possible..there are only 18w 20" t5HO bulbs but nonetheless it's because you have too much light and not enough co2 and dosing.
That would be my guess as well. Tons of lighting but limited fertilizers, as long as the DIY is running top notch that shouldn't be a huge problem but I bet the plants are starving for food.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.