The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's really true. everyone is so willing to help on here and answer any and all questions.

kudos on an excellent forum!

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But ive never even seen a post that was over the line, even on repeat questions.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I think one reason for the laid back attitude here is that virtually everyone here has experienced major problems with a planted tank, if not with a whole string of them. So, very few, if any, here believe they have all of the answers, so we are all trying to learn as well as trying to help others. Once you get embarrassed by your own mistakes often enough it tends to lead to humility. And, we seem generally to be able to handle disagreements gracefully.

And, I agree that this is the most friendly and helpful major forum I have been on.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Thanks folks. We need a pat on the back once in a while. It's not as easy as it seems :)
But it helps to have a lot of nice knowledgable people on here.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I've said it before, but I'll say it again - there is no other forum that compares with this one for friendliness, civility, AND knowledge of aquarist subject matter, among other things.
I've belonged to 7 other forums for around 3 years or more now, and this is the one I save for the last when I check in each day, 'cause it's by far the best!
And you know what ? Just the sheer number of members on this forum, compared to all the others, says it all !
I so look forward to logging in here, because I know that each day, there will be 200 to 250 new posts - many with fresh and intriguing subject matters, and thoughts about how we can improve this, OUR hobby !
Need I say more ?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
nobody here can look at a planted tank with a small anubias covered in green spot algae with a few tufts of BBA planted in clown puke and scoff, because thats how we all started.
at least thats how i did 10 years ago (HOLY SH*T).
then i found this place.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nobody here can look at a planted tank with a small anubias covered in green spot algae with a few tufts of BBA planted in clown puke and scoff, because thats how we all started.
at least thats how i did 10 years ago (HOLY SH*T).
then i found this place.

Hey! you just described me! lol. I'm trying to get rid of the algae though!

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
But ive never even seen a post that was over the line, even on repeat questions.
Um... I think I can fix that :icon_evil

+1 this forum is becoming a part of my daily life. Or, should I say, addiction.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think the crucial thing to remember is that each user & avatar is a real-live-person. In of other forums everyone hides behind the anonymity and just acts like a complete jerk.

Beyond that, EVERYONE has had a disaster of some sort. From out of control algae, to massive fish kills, to melting plants, CO2 poisoning, putting incompatible critters together, equipment failures, etc, etc, etc. Everyone has a story to tell about what they screwed up... It's hard to rag on anyone for being a moron when I've done something equally stupid.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think the crucial thing to remember is that each user & avatar is a real-live-person. In of other forums everyone hides behind the anonymity and just acts like a complete jerk.

Beyond that, EVERYONE has had a disaster of some sort. From out of control algae, to massive fish kills, to melting plants, CO2 poisoning, putting incompatible critters together, equipment failures, etc, etc, etc. Everyone has a story to tell about what they screwed up... It's hard to rag on anyone for being a moron when I've done something equally stupid.
This.

I think one reason for the laid back attitude here is that virtually everyone here has experienced major problems with a planted tank, if not with a whole string of them. So, very few, if any, here believe they have all of the answers, so we are all trying to learn as well as trying to help others. Once you get embarrassed by your own mistakes often enough it tends to lead to humility. And, we seem generally to be able to handle disagreements gracefully.

And, I agree that this is the most friendly and helpful major forum I have been on.
And this. Our mistakes remind us that we are all just mere mortals at the end of the day. But, more importantly, when we talk about these mistakes in a place like this it not only helps us understand how not to make them again (hopefully!) it also helps keep others who are willing to put in due diligence from making the same mistakes. And the best part is that so far I have not had a problem or a question that someone here has not been able (and willing) to help me with. And I have never before been on a forum where I posted about an equipment problem and someone has RAOK'd me a replacement. There simply is not that kind of generosity anywhere else on the internet. I do not go on the internet every day, but when I do this is where I spend my time. Big ups to all of the awesome members and mods!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ver true indeed!

Totally agree with the pm,very nice forum,though I havnt been on here long,still in the feotal stages as a member,I've been on forums just full of people trying to prove other people wrong and in turn proving that they know everything,there's never an end to learning on this subject! Happy plant(and fish) keeping people!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I want to add that this forum was the first aquatic/planted tank one that I found. I was just getting into real plants and had discovered rcs. I am now spoiled as NO other forum compares to this one. I have tried on several occasions to participate in other ones...... But I am always disappointed with some aspect. I am forever spoiled! ;-)
Plus this is really the only place that has people who don't look at me like I'm nuts when I talk about my planted tanks, or my shrimp....or how cute my new baby shrimp are... Lol! My friends and family try to understand.... But they just don't get it.... At least like you all do! Thanks plantedtank for being my #1 favorite place on the Internet!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I couldn't agree more. This forum and the members are very mature and very friendly. I find the same to be true with some of the linux forums I used to visit as well. But this forum is definitely one of the few that are as friendly as it is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts