The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a type of food that is suitable for both neon tetras, amanos, and cherry shrimp. I have about 100 neons, 50 amanos, and 50 cherry shrimp in the same 200 gallon tank. I wanted to feed the same type of food for convenience. Would NLS small fish formula work for both the fish and shrimp?

Vincent

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've been able to feed the fish and shrimp in my community tank with algae wafers. Neons love them. Just break them up first (I cut them with scissors into very small pieces)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Algae wafers are great for your shrimp and they'll last for long enough that your tetras won't be able to get them. In fact, I expect that your shrimp will cover the algae wafers preventing the neon tetras for getting them after a while.

There are also specific shrimp food tablets that you can purchase online. Neon tetras will eat pretty much anything and everything so you will need some food that sinks to the bottom and stays solid for sometime to get to the shrimp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.