The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a while ago there were people both breeding and selling A-S grade CRS in alkaline tap water. I am wondering if anyone is still doing that today, as I am setting up a tank for either OEBT or CRS.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi, yes I keep my PRL-CRS in PH about 7.4, I bought about 40 and over time only have 12 left. Plus out of 5 berried F , I only have 3 shrimplets ! Please use buffering substate about 6 - 6.6 , not only will the CRS do better the survival of the shrimplets will be better.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Hey Yuki, look here, Caridinas adapted to High pH? Taboo water params - Substrates and Water Chemistry - The Shrimp Spot
You should ask some of the members there

Looks like vinnie has kept his CRS in tap water/higher pH (not sure what GH and KH levels were at), but doesn't seem like they've been successfully kept in it for multiple generations enough to really call the strain adapted to alkaline water. The berried females are a good step in that direction though, keep at it and future generations should be even more hardy.

So I would advise getting CRS that have been through many generations in more alkaline water to consider the particular strain more hardy/adaptable.
Might get more seller options if you post a WTB there.

Most tigers can thrive in pH within the 7's though, so those are easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.