The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some green algee growing in my tank. Its on the plants and walls of the tank. How do i get rid of it. sae and 2 little yellow plecos.
help please

·
Registered
197 Posts
scape it off the glass with like a old credit card once u do that then try to figure out why its there like low on co2 are u useing any ferts how much lights u got over the tank the key to keeping algea away is balance if u are running any co2 up to 30 ppm if not you should really think about getting it

·
Registered
246 Posts
Change some water - bout 25%
cleen off algee manually, without taking up the plants, or damaging the plants.
Add som fastgrowing plants. hydrofolia, vallisneria, Egeria densa ect.

hows ur lighting? U should do max 8-10hours/day until algee growth is minimized.

algee comes when light/plantmass/nutients are unbalanced...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 4 80 watt bulbs in the tank. The alges not thick and the plants seem to be fine like growing wize just you can see algee on it.

I dont have co2 yet it costs to much for me right now to get it. Thats also why i have valls some swords and 5 plants of the same specis but I dont know what they are.

there all in a 120gallon tank.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That is a lot of light for the few plants you have, and with no CO2. Why don't you try adding a lot of something like H.Difformis or H. Zoosterfolia to try to "out compete" the algae for the nutrients? I would also set up some DIY bottles for CO2, and until you get that going good and more plants, remove half of the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts