The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this long (2-3in) brown stringy hairlike algae on my Java moss only... Wasn't there a few days ago now its on all of my moss... Any Ideas what the problem is???

The tank is newly setup. Probably not even cycled yet. I have 2.6 wpg lighting and pressurized C02. I have only added old tank water from established (non planted) tanks to add nitrates. No ferts added yet. Am I doing anything wrong???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re;

I, too have a blanket of algae covering my blanket of java moss. The algae is about the same color green as the moss. I've removed some by hand, but I dont wantto tear the moss to shreds. I'm running about 1.5 WPG,and dosing 1 cap of Flourish at each water change,weekly about 25%-the tank is 55 gallons, and I run the lights about 10 hours a day.The algae is pretty much contained on the moss-my hygros, and dwarf rotalla are fine, along with my swords. Hope someone can help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.