The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I was wondering if anyone is either selling, or knows of a good place to get algae/vegetable wafers for herbivorous plecos in bulk (1-5lbs). I know there are a lot of vendors on eekbay, but I was looking for a wafer thats first 5 ingredients maybe had at least one vegetable in it?
If you know of any sources or if there is someone who makes there own, had someone local who I used to know who made them and they where amazing but the no longer make them.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I use S&C Aquatics on Amazon and really think their food is great. Plenty of options to choose from ingredient-wise and various size packages. My fish love this one: VEGGIE STICKS WITH CALCIUM,Spirulina,Shrimp,Pleco,Cichlid,Crayfish,Snail (16oz - 1 lb.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XZ8K3Z5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZUBNzbBDEZQ63

The nice thing about them is they always seem to throw in some great trial sizes of their other foods. I probably own 6 different ones now. Started out with it for my pleco's, now all my fish eat it (crunched up) as do my shrimp on occasion. It's all my Green Neon's will eat now...lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ken's Premium Veggie Wafers

Is the best and cheapest I have ever found. I used to buy them for my Pleco's and corries. They loved them.

Update: I just looked at what they say are their algae wafers and they look very different to what I have had in the past :( I used to buy 5lb at a time and there was never any left within 20 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts